(Will make about 20 pokoras)
2 medium size potatoes
1 medium onion
2 cups of gram flour
(you can add more gram flour if needed to create the right consistency)
¼ tsp of chili powder
1tsp chilli flake
¾ tsp of salt (or desired taste)
½ tsp coriander powder
1 tsp coriander seeds
¼ tsp ajwain seed
pinch of baking powder
¼ tsp pomegranate powder
1 Fresh green chlli (optional)
Water (enough to make a thick paste)
Oil for deep frying
1. Peel and slice potatoes small and thinly into a bowl.
2. Slice onions thinly add into the bowl.
3. Add gram flour and the rest of the ingredients into the bowl
4. Mix the ingredients. Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
5. Mix with some water to make a paste.(be careful don't add too much water)
7. Heat some oil in deep fryer or wok.
8. Once oil is hot, using your hands or a table spoon add the mixture one by one into the deep pan and fry until golden brown.
Serve with some mint sauce (recipe)
Tip – If mixture is to runny add more flour
Other vegetable options can be added i.e. cauliflower, spinach