I don't know about you guys but I woke up on New Year’s Day, feeling pretty positive. I was going to make some great changes, have fun, and enjoy life. Be happy and healthy. Yes, healthy! Don't panic it doesn’t mean I have to go all crazy and just stick with my daal dish. I love daal, we had some today with fresh homemade chapattis. But I also love the kebabs too. Check out the Sheekh kebab recipe. (Grilled). You can keep the kids happy, wrap them in tortillas and lots of salad (kebabs not the kids)with a bit of mint sauce. Mouth-watering!
If you want to go easy on the meat, then how about making the delicious chaat dish, with Yazi’s Chaat masala. I love this. It is so easy and perfect to pack away for your lunch the following day. It’s a great way of impressing the work colleagues. If you would like to add more colour and flavours to the dish then how about chopping some bell pepper, cucumber, or maybe add a few chopped cherries too. Now before you all go 'not another health freak,' seriously it’s not that bad. You can add cooked chicken pieces to the salad too with a few jalapenos.
Benefits of some of the ingredients in a chaat dish:-
- Kidney beans- As well as lowering risk of a heart attack. Kidney beans help to prevent digestive disorders like IBS. Kidney beans can increase your energy by helping to replenish your iron stores. A good source of protein. Helps maintain memory. For further information on benefits of eating kidney beans visit: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=87#healthbenefits
- Chickpeas- Brilliant source of protein and fibre for vegan and gluten free diet. It has many benefits. Chickpeas contain exceptional levels of iron, vitamin B-6 and magnesium. The nutrition’s in chickpeas help maintain healthy bones, supporting prevention of lower blood pressure, some cancer decreasing tumour growth. More details on benefits of eating Chickpeas.
- Tamarind- Tamarind is rich in tartaric acid. The acid gives a sour taste to food and has essential powerful antioxidant. Helping human body. There are many more uses from the different parts tamarind plant. Tamarind juice is beneficial for people wanting to lose weight. The antioxidants are useful to lower the risk of cancer and improve the immune system. Tamarind juice is excellent for the health of your skin. Apply the juice to reduce or remove acne, maintain a glowing and healthy skin. You can also use it as a face mask and face scrub.
- Take 3/4 cup of fresh tamarind pulp juice.
- Mix with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, some baking soda and 2 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Blend well until this turns into a smooth paste.
- Exfoliate with a loofah while taking shower for glowing skin.
This recipe was from
- Chaat masala spices- There are several spices blended together by Yazi to create the Chaat masala. Spices have many health benefits for further information visit http://www.nutrition-and-you.com/healthy_spices.html